The first thing that draws attention to the Mi 10T Lite is, without a doubt, the rear camera module that reminds me of the Xiaomi X3 NFC and which manages to give the terminal a very personality aspect. The best thing is that thanks to the place where it is located it manages to avoid one of the great evils of modern devices, that slight wobble that causes the camera to bulge. For the price of £229 for the 6GB /64GB via Mi.com or Amazon UK at the time of writing the 6GB/64GB is available for £189 for a limited time.
- 6.67-inch LCD IPS display with 2400×1080 pixel resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 5, HDR10 glass
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G octa-core processor with 2 x ARM Cortex-A77 at 2.2GHz and 6 x ARM Cortex-A55 at 1.7GHz, Adreno 619 GPU
- 6 GB RAM, 128 GB storage
- 5G SA + NSA, 4G, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC, USB Type-C, GPS etc
- Android 10 with MIUI 12
- Side fingerprint reader, 3.5mm audio jack for old school, infrared port, FM radio, Hi-Res acoustics, stereo speakers
- 4 cameras, 64 Megapixel first with Sony IMX682 sensor, f/1.89 LED flash, 8-megapixel ultrawide 120-degree camera, f/2.2, 2-megapixel 3rd for depth field and 2-megapixel 1st for macro
- Shoots 4K at 30 fps, and 16 Megapixel front camera with f/2.45 shoots at 1080p with 30 fps
- 4820 mAh battery with fast charging up to 33W
- Dimensions 165.3 x 76.8 x 9 mm, 214.5 grams
In the package is the phone, the fast charging cable with the fast charger, the SIM door and a good quality silicone case.
The screen is big, 6.67 inches, with a notch for the front camera built directly into the screen, I start to like the idea, you get more useful space. It also has Corning Gorilla Glass 5. In addition to the USB-C also has a jack at the bottom.
The processor is a new one, Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G, more efficient as energy consumption and better in tests than the Snapdragon 765, which usually came on many mid-range models.
Add a 4820 mAh battery and get a phone that can go within 2 days of battery life, used normally. Plus fast charging.
With the lockdown here in the UK I can’t really go to a big city for testing 5G but lucky I have 5G outside my house now thanks Three UK best I got was 490 Mbps but on average I got about 330+Mbps on all the tests I did run for this review.
The screen is IPS, not AMOLED, but it’s at 120 Hz, the colours are vivid, in this price, there are not many phones with Amoled.
Cameras are ok, the 4-sensor system also does its job on wide-angle photos, and on macro, and Night Mode really helps with photos taken at night, although it’s not as fast as the top models.
- Value for money
- 5G support
- High refresh rate (smooth scrolling)
- Battery life for ~1 day
- Good cameras
- Fast charging (33W with included charger)
- MicroSD/Dual-SIM support (1 SIM + MicroSD or 2x SIM)
- At 214 grams, the device is not light
In short Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite 5G is a phone with a good price/amenities ratio, especially if you want a 5G model, that you may live in cities that already have coverage or do not want to change it anytime soon.
With the Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite is an affordable smartphone with many features, for example, a large 6.67-inch screen with a refresh rate of 120Hz, certainly not standard for a mid-range. Also with the support for 5G, good cameras and interesting design also make the Mi 10T Lite an interesting smartphone.
TNC Score 4.3/5