SKYWORTH, showcasing the SKYWORTH W82 at this year’s Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2022, with the world’s first mass-produced transformable OLED TV and a CES 2022 Innovation Awards Honoree, and the SKYWORTH S82, a brand-new 4K OLED TV boasting industry-leading colour accuracy, along with other big-screen products from SKYWORTH’s US portfolio.
SKYWORTH Records Strong Business Performance in 2021
In the first three quarters of 2021, SKYWORTH recorded the YoY increase in sales revenue of 10.8% and 35% in China and overseas markets respectively. Specifically, in the OLED TV segment, SKYWORTH was ranked No.1 in market share in H1 2021 in China and saw a rapid increase in sales volume in overseas markets. For the full year, the company expects to achieve consistent growth in overseas markets, particularly in the Latin America market, APAC market and MEA market.
The sales achievements are driven by SKYWORTH’s consistent investment in advanced display technologies. Last year, SKYWORTH introduced a range of flagship products – including 4K OLED TV’s and gaming monitors (SKYWORTH W82, S82 and G90), an 88” 8K OLED TV (SKYWORTH W92), and a 4K Smart MiniLED TV (SKYWORTH Q72):
- The SKYWORTH W82 is a 65” 4K 120Hz OLED TV, its screen can be adjusted from flat to curved with a click of the remote. Supported by Dolby Vision, HDR10, SKYWORTH AI PICTURE QUALITY ENGINE (4K Version) and SKYWORTH AUDIO DRUM, it delivers a superior audio-visual experience perfect for various home entertainment. It is a CES 2022 Innovation Awards Honoree in the “Gaming” and “Video Displays” categories.
- The SKYWORTH S82 is a 4K 120Hz OLED TV that brings users closer to reality with the industry-leading colour accuracy of ΔE0.86, supported by, SKYWORTH AI PICTURE QUALITY ENGINE (4K Version), Dolby Vision, HDR10, and SKYWORTH AUDIO DRUM.
SKYWORTH also developed two new OLED Basic Module (OBM) Technologies – OBM Transform and OBM Slim, and brought its 4K OLED TV series (SKYWORTH XC9300 and XC9000 Series) to the USA market for the first time.
Looking ahead to 2022, the company will bring more products packed with brilliant picture quality and smart functions to global users.
Enhanced Commitment to the North American Market with More Distributors, Strengthened Supply Chain, and New Strategic Partnership with Google
Specifically in the USA and Canada, SKYWORTH achieved a record-breaking sales revenue that contributed to SKYWORTH’s global performance, thanks to an enhanced distribution network and support from partners.
John Homlish, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, SKYWORTH USA, said: “2021 was a year of dealer expansion. In the USA, we added 151 Conn’s Home Plus retail locations servicing 15 states and continued our expansion with the NATM Buying group including ABC Warehouse, Nebraska Furniture Mart, and Cowboy Maloney. In Canada, we added 82 London Drugs retail locations servicing 35 major markets throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba. Expansion in the tertiary markets was driven by O’Rourke Sales Company, our national distributor. New business in the USA and Canada accounted for more than 30% of our total business.
“Moving forward into 2022, we are fully committed to expanding our presence in the US and Canada and introducing big-screen LCD and OLED Smart TV’s, enabling even more consumers to enjoy the stunning audio-visual experiences we have to offer.”
In support of the expansion strategy, SKYWORTH will move its manufacturing for the North America market to Mexico from China in 2022, significantly reducing delivery times to distributors and consumers and diversifying the supply chain to safeguard it against external shocks.
Further elevating the entertainment experience, SKYWORTH will roll out a lineup of Google TV models for the USA and Canada markets with a target launch of summer 2022. Google TV brings together movies, shows, live TV3 and more from across user apps and subscriptions and organizes them. Users can discover new things to watch with recommendations based on what they watch and their interests. Everyone can enjoy a personalized entertainment experience with profiles for each member of the household, including dedicated kids profiles. Users can ask Google to find movies and shows, answer questions, control smart home devices, and more, with their voices.
The Smart Google TV feature from SKYWORTH planned for the North America market in 2022 will consist of five new series and 11 different models:
- At the top, the 4K UHD Mini-LED QLED UD8500 Series offered in 65” and 75” screen sizes will feature a sleek bezel-less design, 120Hz Refresh Rate, Dolby IQ, HDR10 & HLG HDR, Dolby Atmos, and an ATSC 3.0 Tuner.
- The UD8000 Series is a 4K QLED UHD TV offered in bezel-less 65” and 75” screen sizes, a 60Hz refresh rate panel, HDR10 and HLG HDR, and Dolby Audio.
- The 4K UHD UD7500 Series, with an 86” super screen size, will feature a premium designed metal cabinet and a higher performance 120Hz refresh rate panel.
- The upgraded 4K UHD UD7200G Series, “G” for Google TV, is offered in 50”, 55”, 65” and 75” screen sizes, and has a bezel-less design with a 60Hz refresh rate panel.
- The entry-level TD7300 Series designed for smaller viewing spaces is offered in 32” and 40” screen sizes.