Today HP has announced the new Omen 16 (2022), with some nice good upgrades from last year’s model, with upgrades from DDR4 to the new DDR5 memory and more.
Seasoned adventurers in gaming crave the latest advancements in hardware and software that allow them to experience today’s titles in the best settings, so they feel truly immersed when they clutch that last–second win or defeat that once impossible boss. This latest addition to the OMEN ecosystem delivers new experiences that go beyond the expected to keep gamers connected, entertained, and excited for what comes next. Revamped Thermals: Upgrades in the form of an added fifth heat pipe and fourth outflow vent have additionally contributed to a –3% GPU hinge and –14% bottom SSD temperature while also running 5% quieter compared to last-gen so gamers can Zen out and stay fully immersed in their favourite titles.
Processors in Harmony: Cooperating with a built–in IR thermopile sensor, OMEN Dynamic Power7 within OMEN Gaming Hub can precisely detect real–time CPU and GPU capacity and dynamically allocate power between the two. This creates extra headroom and optimises in–game FPS based on current game activity to allow the best experience possible in any game. This technology has contributed up to an 18% performance increase in 3D Mark Time Spy and up to a 36% increase in CPU performance over last year’s model.
Extreme Performance: Stunning graphics bring the newest titles to life with up to an NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX™ 3070 Ti Laptop GPU and the latest MAX Q technologies or AMD Ryzen™ RX 6650M. Clear levels faster than ever with up to an Intel® Core™
i9–12900H series processor10 or AMD Ryzen™ 9 6900HX Mobile Processors11. Avoid untimely memory bottlenecks with up to 32GB DDR5 4800 MHz and take advantage of speedy access to vital files with up to 2TB PCIe Gen4x4 SSD.
Immersive Visuals: Action on the screen flows brilliantly across the up to QHD12 165Hz IPS panel with 3ms response time and 100% sRGB. Experience low blue light with Eyesafe display certification14 by TÜVRheinlan and an auto-brightness sensor that works to keep eyes fresh during the grandest of adventures. The bright visuals continue on the keyboard with up to per–key RGB lighting with OMEN Gaming Hub Light Studio integration to achieve a look that is on point with any gaming setup theme.
• Operating system: Windows 11 Home
• Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 7 6800H
• Display: 16.1-inch diagonal, FHD (1920 x 1080), 144 Hz, 7 ms response time, IPS, micro-edge, anti-glare, Low
AMD Radeon FreeSync™ support
• Memory: 16 GB DDR5-4800 MHz RAM (2 x 8 GB)
• Internal storage: 1 TB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD(15)
• Graphics: AMD Radeon™ RX 6650M Graphics (8 GB GDDR6 dedicated)
• Sound: Audio by Bang & Olufsen with dual speakers
• Wireless: Wi-Fi 6E (2×2)(19c) and Bluetooth® combo (Supporting Gigabit data rate)
• Camera: HP Wide Vision 720p HD camera with temporal noise reduction and integrated dual array digital
• Product weight: 5.33 lb
• Keyboard: Full-size, 4-zone RGB backlit, mica silver keyboard and 26-Key Rollover Anti-Ghosting Key technology
- 12th Gen Intel Core Processor & NVIDIA GeForce® RTX™ 3070 Ti
AMD Ryzen™ 6000 Series Mobile Processors & NVIDIA GeForce® RTX™ 30
Series/ AMD Radeon RX 6650M
- 2x PCIe Gen4x4 SSD, Direct Storage Optimized
- DDR5–4800 memory for super–fast loading speed
- 4–outlet + new fan design to make more airflow and a quieter environment
- OMEN Tempest Cooling & Dynamic Power technology
- Gorgeous ceramic white colour (Intel models only)
- 3–sided narrow bezel 16.1” display for an immersive visual experience
- Up to QHD 165Hz, TUV Eyesafe is flicker-free with an auto-brightness display
- Video (TNR) quality improvement with Video Controls in myHP
- 2x Thunderbolt 4 built–in (Selected SKU)
- Dual Type–C with Power Delivery (100W)
- OMEN Gaming Hub with hardware and services feature