Vodafone and VeryMe Rewards have launched a new online game to bring families and friends together and give them an extra treat this Christmas. The new ‘Festive Squad’ game goes live at the same time as VeryMe’s biggest ever rewards month – with every Vodafone mobile customer able to claim ten new festive treats over the Christmas period.
Families or groups of friends can play together as a team to beat the ‘Festive Squad’ game and claim a new group treat each week. There are over a thousand experiences available: including a family pizza night, trip to the cinema or free entertainment for a family night in.
Families and friends can play together on their mobile, tablet or PC – even if they’re in different places. Team game player, Jamie Redknapp and his family tested out the game for Vodafone and set the score to beat.
Catch baubles, stack up against Christmas puddings or shoot falling snowballs to beat the game with each family member completing a level before passing it on to the next player. So whether you’re travelling back from uni, picking up the turkey or putting up the Christmas decorations, you can keep in touch and play together.
The weekly treats include:
- A night in with takeaway pizza for the whole family with a £50 Pizza Express voucher. Or treat the kids to a meal out and use the voucher at one of PizzaExpress’ participating UK restaurants.
- A family trip to the big screen with a Vue Cinema ticket bundle.
- Free Spotify subscriptions so you can listen to the ultimate holiday playlist.
- Sky Sports day passes loaded with all the sporting action ready for the Christmas holidays.
- A NOW TV entertainment pass so you can catch a Christmas classic together.
Accessed through VeryMe Rewards within the My Vodafone app, Festive Squad consists of four fun levels that can be shared with up to three friends or family members over the three-week period, from the 4th December until 20th December.
Jamie Redknapp, ex-professional footballer and TV pundit said: “For me, Christmas is all about quality time with loved ones, but with the busy lives we lead, it’s often hard to fit it all in. Christmas is especially busy for us, juggling work commitments and all the kid’s activities. That’s why I was excited to test out Vodafone’s Festive Squad game, as you can play it together even if you’re in different places. It was great to get Beau and my mum into it too – Mum was great! We loved playing it and think other families will love it too.”
Nick Jeffery, Vodafone UK Chief Executive Officer said: “The run-up to Christmas can be a hectic time with shopping to do, nativities to watch and nights out to get ready for. Our Festive Squad game from VeryMe brings families and friends together even if they’re in different places.
Our VeryMe programme this Christmas is our biggest ever with ten festive rewards for every mobile customer. It’s our way of saying thank you and Happy Christmas to our loyal customers.”
If you don’t win a prize in the Festive Squad game, Vodafone is giving away free treats to every mobile customer throughout December on VeryMe Rewards including:
- Free Lindor Truffles from Lindt – RRP £5 (4th December).
- Personalised luxury wrapping paper from Pretty Gifted – RRP £7.95 (6th December).
- Sweet treats and mince pies from Greggs – RRP £1.50 (9th December).
- A Christmas card from Thortful – RRP £3.29 (11th December).
- Joe & Seph’s Gourmet Popcorn – RRP £4 (13th December).
- Festive socks from the SOCKSHOP – RRP £4.99 (16th December).
- Movie rental from Rakuten – RRP up to £3 (18th December).
- A chocolate lollipop from Thorntons – RRP £1 (20th December).
- A hot drink from Costa Coffee – RRP £2.85 (23rd December).
Vodafone’s unlimited data plans will allow you to do more of what you love this Christmas, whether that is streaming, sharing, searching, or shopping. To find out more download the My Vodafone app.