Vodafone UK has today announced the expansion of its consumer smart tech offering with the launch of smart GPS tracker, Curve.
Curve allows users to stay connected to the people and things they love, sending them alerts and updates straight to their mobile from a distance. With the average person losing four items a month (mainly keys), Curve is invaluable for those who want to feel assured that they can keep track of regularly misplaced or valuable items – from laptop bags to cars, keys and backpacks.
With 41 billion smart devices predicted to be in use by 2027, and the IoT sector forecast to grow annually in magnitudes of trillions of euros, the launch of Curve emphasises Vodafone’s continued development in the sector, driving innovation through the creation of smart devices and leading digital experiences, connected by the Vodafone global network.
A step-change in the development of Vodafone smart devices, the ‘Designed & Connected by Vodafone’ range reflects a distinctive new design identity across hardware, software and communications, developed following research and testing with thousands of consumers, across Europe. Users can set up and use Curve from the new, intuitively designed Vodafone Smart App featuring a seamless user experience to experience the full functionality.
With a lightweight design, up to seven days’ battery life, a quick location alert button, easy to set location zones and keyring accessory, Curve combines form, functionality and durability. Available in two colours, Dove and Slate – Curve blends seamlessly with belongings.
The device is connected by the Vodafone Smart SIM which enables smartphone updates to be sent even when the device is used from a distance or abroad. Unlike Bluetooth only trackers, Curve uses four different tracking technologies – GPS, Wi-Fi, Cellular and Bluetooth – to provide a more reliable connection to customers’ favourite things.
Curve key device features include:
- Designed for life with a key ring accessory that’s stylish in design and compact
- Built-in Vodafone Smart Sim enabled, providing connection and roaming at no extra cost across Vodafone’s global network. when users subscribe to a SIM connectivity plan
- Unlike simple Bluetooth only trackers, Curve uses four different tracking technologies– GPS, Wi-Fi, Cellular and Bluetooth – to provide a more reliable connection to users favourite things
- Four different tracking modes to choose from, which can improve the speed of location updates and save battery life: Power Save Mode, Everyday Mode, Performance Mode and Real-Time Tracking.
- Zones: users can create mapped areas, so they are notified when the device leaves or enters their chosen areas.
- Users can control multiple trackers through the Vodafone Smart App in real-time and create a profile for each person or thing they’re tracking
- Built for style and durability, Curve is designed to brave the elements and is certified IP67 waterproof
- Provides up to seven days of battery life (usage dependent)
- Available in two colours: Dove and Slate
Lutfu Kitapci, Managing Director, Vodafone Consumer IoT comments: “Now more than ever, people want to stay connected to the most important things in their lives. Through driving the development of our own smart tech, starting with Curve, the first in our ‘Designed & Connected by Vodafone’ range we are helping bring customers added peace of mind. Created with leading industrial designers and connected by our global network, Curve’s versatility makes it the perfect way to keep track of what matters most, fitting seamlessly into everyday life.
This step-change in our smart tech offering is grounded in a relentless obsession with customer experience, meeting consumer needs in new ways and building on our IOT platforms. As we expand our range throughout 2020, our customer commitment is helping to improve everyday living through the magic of smart technology.”