To mark the launch of its flagship OPPO Find X2 Series in the UK, OPPO today unveiled an exclusive collaboration with Grammy-nominated British singer and songwriter Nao, producing an exclusive remix of Nao’s top hit Another Lifetime during lockdown using the 5G-powered OPPO Find X2.
To rework the song Nao collaborated with the Kaleidoscope Orchestra, a musical collective of young classically-trained musicians from Manchester and London who use classical instruments and concepts to reimagine contemporary music. Nao and Kaleidoscope jointly performed the remix during lockdown in a virtual orchestral ensemble, with the musical arrangement captured, produced and shared with the world using OPPO’s new 5G flagship, the OPPO Find X2.
“We are privileged to be working with Nao and the wonderful Kaleidoscope Orchestra on this unique collaboration, where we are bringing art and technology together to create a unique musical experience powered by the OPPO Find X2 Series,” said Kevin Cho, Managing Director, OPPO Mobile UK.
“With this launch, we are celebrating new ways to connect, collaborate and create together using mobile technology—something that will be taken to a whole new level with 5G. Today we’re thrilled to be bringing the Find X2 series—with its brilliant screen, professional-grade camera capabilities and full 5G performance—to the hands of all of our UK customers so that they can uncover their creative potential in new ways,” added Kevin Cho.
“I love finding new ways to perform my music and with the UK in lockdown, it just seemed like the perfect opportunity to try and make something spectacular happen remotely. So when OPPO asked me if I wanted to do something creative with the OPPO Find X2 Pro it felt like a great opportunity to collaborate. And I think between myself, OPPO and Kaleidoscope Orchestra we managed it! I’m really pleased with how the performance turned out and amazed at the quality of the camera and sound on the Find X2 Pro,” said Nao.
OPPO Find X2 Series availability
The OPPO Find X2 Series—including the Find X2 and Find X2 Pro announced earlier this year, as well as the new Find X2 Neo and Find X2 Lite—are available for pre-order in the UK through EE, Carphone Warehouse, Virgin, O2 and Vodafone as of today.
The OPPO Find X2 and OPPO Find X2 Pro are equipped with OPPO’s customised 120Hz QHD+ Ultra Vision Screen with one billion colours, providing the most immersive, cinema-like audiovisual experience available on a smartphone, and supporting HDR video across YouTube, Netflix, and Amazon Prime Video. The collaboration between Nao and Kaleidoscope also relied on the OPPO Find X2 Pro’s Ultra Vision Camera, which offers a versatile and advanced photography experience.
Both the Find X2 and Find X2 Pro are backed by the flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Mobile Platform for top-notch 5G performance, which combined with the 65W SuperVOOC 2.0 flash charge—the fastest technology of its kind on the market, able to charge the Find X2 Pro to 100% in just 38 minutes—enables new and exciting experiences for consumers.
New additions to the Find X2 family: OPPO Find X2 Neo and OPPO Find X2 Lite
Today, OPPO announced two new additions to the Find X2 Series, the OPPO Find X2 Neo and OPPO Find X2 Lite.
Both the OPPO Find X2 Neo and Find X2 Lite is ultra-thin and portable—measuring only 7.7mm and 7.96mm respectively—and enable exceptional 5G performance based on the powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G chipset. They are also photography powerhouses, armed with an impressive Quad camera. In the Find X2 Neo this is complemented by OPPO’s brand-new Ultra Steady Video 2.0 technology, which automatically stabilises video shooting; while the Find X2 Lite features Hyper Boost, a unique screen performance optimisation technology ideal for gaming applications.
“Today, we are proud to support OPPO in launching the OPPO Find X2 Neo and Find X2 Lite, their next generation of 5G devices,” said Ben Timmons, Senior Director, Business Development Qualcomm UK. “OPPO has been one of the companies leading the 5G charge in Europe since their launch of OPPO Reno 5G in Switzerland last April. The new device launches, both powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G mobile platform, represent the close collaboration between the two companies and is yet another example of how 2020 will become the year of 5G for all. We look forward to working with OPPO as they continue to drive 5G adoption in the UK.”
Introducing new wireless headphones for the UK
Today OPPO is also announcing two new headphone models in the UK: the OPPO Enco Free and OPPO Enco W31, both coming soon.
The OPPO Enco Free headphones offer seamless Bluetooth transmission for super-smooth AV synchronisation, and are among the first wireless headphones to feature ultra-dynamic speakers for an all-round great audio experience. As a more economical alternative in the Enco series, the Enco W31 offer users enhanced frequency response across two distinct audio modes—one to enhance pop and classical music, and other for rock and EDM. Both Enco headphones are compatible with most smartphones on the market.
UK pricing and availability
Including exclusive gift-with-purchase offer with BANG & OLUFSEN & OPPO Enco Free on selected products, available until 10th June 2020.
OPPO Find X2 Pro – RRP £1,099 – Available in Ceramic Black at EE, O2, Vodafone, Carphone Warehouse, Virgin Media and Amazon; and available in Orange Vegan Leather at Carphone Warehouse and Amazon:
- OPPO’s flagship 5G handset features a cinema-quality 6.7-inch True Billion Colour QHD+ display for an ultra-immersive viewing experience. The display has received an A+ rating from DisplayMate, and has already set 12 smartphone screen performance records.
- Powerful Ultra-Vision camera enabling professional-grade photo and video performance.
- The fastest flash-charging capability on the market, OPPO’s SuperVOOC 2.0 technology, able to charge the Find X2 Pro to 100% in just 38 minutes.
- Exceptional 5G power that lets users download full moves in seconds and enjoy the most performance-demanding mobile apps.
- Buy an OPPO Find X2 Pro and get a FREE pair of BANG & OLUFSEN Beoplay H8i (RRP £350). Offer ends of 10th June.
OPPO Find X2 – RRP £899 – Available in Ceramic Black exclusively at O2:
- OPPO’s flagship 5G handset features a cinema-quality 6.7 Inch True Billion Colour QHD+ display and full HDR10+ content support for the ultimate audio-visual experience. The display has received an A+ rating from DisplayMate, and has already set 12 smartphone screen performance records.
- Users can charge the phone in just 38 minutes with OPPO’s market-leading SuperVOOC 2.0
- Powerful 5G experience backed by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Mobile Platform, enabling users to download films in seconds and roam freely between 4G and 5G.
- Buy an OPPO Find X2 and Get a FREE pair of BANG & OLUFSEN Beoplay H8i (RRP £350). Offer ends of 10th June.
OPPO Find X2 Neo – RRP £599 – Available in Starry Blue at O2 and Carphone Warehouse; and available in Moonlight Black at EE, Carphone Warehouse, O2, Virgin Media and Amazon:
- Measuring a mere 7.7mm thick, the Find X2 Neo packs the ultimate Qualcomm Snapdragon-backed 5G experience in a lightweight and streamlined handset design.
- It also offers versatile imaging capabilities including Ultra Steady Video 2.0 to shoot silky-smooth, high-definition footage of every action-packed moment.
- Buy an OPPO Find X2 Neo and get a FREE BANG & OLUFSEN Beoplay A1 2nd Gen(RRP £200). Offer ends of 10th June.
OPPO Find X2 Lite – RRP £399 – Available in Pearl White at Carphone Warehouse and Amazon; and available in Moonlight Black at EE, O2, Vodafone, Carphone Warehouse, Virgin Media and Amazon:
- Backed by Qualcomm Snapdragon, the Find X2 Lite gives you full 5G power with a long-lasting battery that can be charged to 50% in 20 minutes and 100% in less than an hour.
- Explore new ways to get creative with the 48 MP Ultra-Clear Quad Camera or game-on with the Find X2 Lite’s ultra-responsive screen.
- Buy an OPPO Find X2 Lite and Get a FREE pair of Enco Free Headphones (RRP£119).
OPPO Enco Free headphones – RRP £119 – Available in Black – coming soon:
- Uncover a wireless audio revolution with the perfect audio pair for your smartphone, compatible with almost every handset on the market.
- Experience ultra-low Bluetooth latency with smoother AV synchronisation and less connection interference.
- Amongst the first wireless headphones that feature ultra-dynamic speakers, providing a powerful audio experience.
OPPO Enco W31 headphones – RRP £69 – Available in White or Black – coming soon:
- Unleash the power of music with a more economical alternative to the Enco series, compatible with most smartphones.
- Experience enhanced frequency response across two audio modes: one to enhance pop and classical music, and another for rock and EDM – wherever your musical taste takes you – for a powerful audio experience.